MPI AZ cares about its members, so we have created a one-stop career resource for meeting and event professionals. Career Connections unites job seekers and prospective employers in a collaborative, easy-to-use career site. Another way MPI provides value to you!
Career Connections will help you open doors with features such as professional development tools and resources for career management. You will also find links to job sites in the industry as well as articles on changing jobs and interview tips.
You will want to check this page regularly to take advantage of the knowledge and expertise provided here!
- ADI Meetings & Events is seeking a full-time Program Manager to join our operations team in our Tempe office. Responsibilities include planning conference, meeting and incentive programs from post-sale to execution through final billing. Building strong client relationships and project management skills are essential to this position. Ideal candidates will have at least ten years' experience in the industry. To apply and see specific job details, please click on "View Details..."(4/27/2018)
- Dave & Buster's is looking for Special Event Sales Consultants in their Glendale, Tempe and Scottsdale locations. Our ideal team member will serve as the 'face' of Dave & Buster's and work with our guests to design the perfect combination of food, drinks, games & teambuilding for corporate and social events. To hit the ground running you'll need networking skills, strong relationships in the community, great multi-tasking abilities, and the drive to succeed! 0-3 years of sales/event experience preferred. Apply through www.dandbjobs.com
or through LinkedIn posting using your LinkedIn profile!(4/23/2018)
Catering Sales Manager
- Holiday Inn Phoenix West is searching for a Catering Sales Manager to promote and oversee banquets. Must have experience in catering sales and preferably hotel experience. This is great opportunity for the right person with hospitality as your number one goal. See the full job description and apply at Indeed.com
- SuperShuttle is seeking a Sales Manager to develop and implement annual sales & marketing plans. Familiarity with CRM system, data analysis and reporting is required. Experience in hospitality sales, association meeting or passenger transportation business development industry preferred. For more job details, apply online at Transdev
Marketing and Event Coordinator
- The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Marketing and Event Coordinator to develop campaigns for special events and programs, oversee social media sites and create graphic design work for print & digital communications. Candidates should have experience with creating email campaigns, online surveys, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. To apply and view specific job duties, visit LinkedIn
- Cash Witthaus is looking for a Project Manager/Meeting Planner who will develop, plan and coordinate meetings and events across the globe. The ideal candidate has experience in hotel conference services. International meetings experience and knowledge of the compliance issues with pharmaceutical meetings will also be helpful. Click on "View Details..." for a detailed job description. Résumés may be sent to Bill Witthaus
- Cash Witthaus is seeking an Office Manager to work in their Scottsdale location. The ideal candidate will coordinate administration duties and generate hotel sales leads for meetings across the globe. Proven experience in an administrative role and knowledge of the hotel and meeting planning industry is required. Click on "View Details..." for a detailed job description. Résumés may be sent to Bill Witthaus
Food & Beverage Coordinator/Restaurant Sales
- The Hotel Valley Ho is seeking an individual to oversee & assist with all F&B operations. Responsibilities include booking restaurant events, creating BEO's, coordinating details for off-property special events, and other administrative duties. Must have prior experience in restaurant operations and POS systems. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.Please apply online here
- National Speakers Association is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated candidate who is capable of identifying opportunities that add value and contribute to NSA's growth and success. Applicants should enjoy building and maintaining connections to ensure that relationships will continue in the future. Click on "View Details..." for a detailed job description. If you are independent self-starter who can achieve results on your own, please send a résumé to National Speakers Association
Lindsey Dedina - Lindsey could be called the most passionate individual in Arizona's tourism industry. Her energy and enthusiasm for connecting individuals and companies in our field is second to none. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in tourism development and management from Arizona State University. Realizing the importance of continuing education, she also secured her certificate in convention sales and meeting planning at the same time. She has a passion for events and exceeding event goals through her attention to detail, determination and contagious energy. Lindsey can be contacted at email@example.com.
Jacqueline Pacheco - My name is Jacqueline Pacheco. My attention to the meticulous details and abilities to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines will allow me to have great success in any event position. I am a fast learner, a quick thinker and have excellent skills in multitasking. Some of my greatest strengths are my leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jason Pierre - Being motivated and detail oriented throughout my life only prepared me for my career. An event planner is what I have worked towards since a very young age. Having taken the time to go to college, practice event planning while working for employers, and applying to industry organizations to better train my craft and give me the ability to network with others in the industry.
I can be contacted at email@example.com.
Articles For Job Seekers
Top 10 Job Interview Tips
6 Tips for a Killer Résumé
8 Important Tips for Skype Interviews
Finding a Job Through Social Media
The Most Effective Ways to Use LinkedIn
Social Media Do's and Dont's
Articles For Employers
5 Things Job Seekers Really Want in a Company Culture
10 Ways to Ignite Employee Performance
Visit the MPI Career Development to connect with and benefit from the knowledge and expertise of your peers.